ALYCIA MAHER – EST430

Education related ideas and comments!

Photo editing with Picasa

August27

So I downloaded Picasa to see what it was like as I had vaguely heard of it before but haven’t used it! This is the original photo I used which is of a poem I love.

I then took this screen shot which shows what Picasa looks like in the editing screen! You can either choose to edit using the tools on the left or you can edit in Picnik which takes you to an online editing area.

I decided to edit in Picnik which has lots of fantastic options! I chose to use the ‘Invert’ option, which as you can see alters all the colour on your photo and is very quick and easy to do!

There are also lots of other things you can do to your photos. Just like iPhoto, this is a great tool for editing photos and Picnik (through Picasa) has more editing features than your standard programs like iPhoto. Would be a great tool to use in the classroom, particularly for an art session where the students can edit photos and play around, it would be very engaging! The software for Picasa is also free to download which is great for using in the classroom as you could easily put it onto all computers. Students could also use this for editing photos and pictures for their project work and presentations; they could then make slideshows or embed them into their blogs or the Ultranet to show their artistic work!

Click here to take you to the website where you can download the program for free! If you have a regular PC you just scroll to the bottom of the page to select the PC option.

2 Comments to

“Photo editing with Picasa”

1. August 27th, 2011 at 1:36 pm       rickileicester Says:

I like the effects you have applied to edit your photo. Recently throughout my practicum,I created a scary stories unit for Year 7 English. As the students had to decorate their stories with visual images that would support the story, editing software tools such as Picasa would have been fantastic to use. Your effect would have been really beneficial to use for my students as well, as it creates an eerie feeling to the image. Picasa and other editing tools could be used for many classroom activities. I would love to use it for PhotoStory for students to convey a particular issue going on in the wider community, as it heightens their understanding of imagery and also encourages students to think of interesting ways to persuade their audience.

2. August 29th, 2011 at 6:29 am       Mrs Rumaseb Says:

What you’ve done is awesome. I especially like how you have explored picnik. That was a part of Picasa I didn’t spend much time on, but now I think I will go back and look into it further.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Categories

August 2011
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

Skip to toolbar