ALYCIA MAHER – EST430

Education related ideas and comments!

STAY SAFE ON THE INTERNET

August19

The above image shows a website on cyber safety which I think is a great resource for everyone, having areas and activities for both kids and teens as well as for parents and schools. Cyber safety issues appear to be becoming quite prominent in today’s society and having awareness of safe ways to use the internet is of massive importance for everyone.

Studying this unit and currently being on placement in a very technology-based classroom has brought even greater attention to this issue for me as my awareness of all the things you can do on the internet has been increased. I think some kind of  integrated unit on cyber safety, perhaps linked in with effective ways to browse the internet for research would be great (and necessary) to incorporate into the curriculum, particularly for middle to upper primary years where kids seem to be absorbed by technology.

If I have done it properly, you should be able to click on the picture which should take you straight to the cybersmart website, if not, click here.

by posted under Other Postings | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“STAY SAFE ON THE INTERNET”

1. August 21st, 2011 at 4:23 am       kellymbruce Says:

what a good idea! students always “know” or are at least aware of their schools internet policies and such but I don’t think any of them have a grasp on what the actual implications are! by doing a integrated unit on cyber safety the students could not only use technology in an engaging way but it would also be very informative and I think they would learn a lot!!

good idea!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Categories

August 2011
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

Skip to toolbar